Monday, August 2, 2010

Unique Wedding Ideas

I came across a bride's post online asking for unique ideas for her wedding. I suggested a creative First Dance instead of the usual high school prom sway. My husband and I wanted to demonstrate our unity and teamwork and passion for each other by dazzling everyone with our First Dance. We feel the First Dance is the most sentimental and indispensible moment of the reception. With a little preparation it can also be the most memorable moment! So we changed into Tango costumes and performed a sultry Argentine Tango routine with a live guitarist and Julio Iglesias sountrack to "A Media Luz" in Spanish. (the lyrics - about a mysterious and sensual mood) were translated on the back page our ceremony program). The Argentine Tango was my husband's idea and reminiscent of the surprise date he took me on to see amazing Tango show on Broadway in NYC. It made for amazing pictures and really set the tone for the rest of the evening which was "Dancing and Romancing" all night for all of our guests! Looking back, we had lots of other unique touches but THE FIRST DANCE takes the cake!

1 comment:

quillmes said...

My first wedding dance was a vales... however tango is a very nice and sensual dance although it's not easy to learn, I would like to recommend a very nice article about tango in Buenos Aires, i'm sure you'll find it exciting.
Click:http://tinyurl.com/26nkg9u